Information We Obtain
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the Site, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email and postal address, and phone number;
- Login credentials, such as user name and password;
- Account information and preferences, such as email preferences and paperless registration;
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages, and information we obtain from third-party social media services (e.g., Facebook) if you choose to link to, create or log into the Site through these services;
- Documents or other content you upload to the Total Site and/or through our chat or email interfaces;
- Other personal information you submit to us, such as through chat, email, or other communications, or sign-up forms.
In addition, when you interact with the Site, or open or view our emails, we may obtain certain information using various automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to the Site. These technologies help us (i) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (ii) understand how you use and interact with the Site and with our electronic communications with you such as our emails; (iii) tailor the Site around your preferences; (iv) measure the usability of the Site and the effectiveness of our communications; and (v) otherwise manage and enhance the Site and our other services, and help ensure they are working properly.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our services to you;
- Establish and manage your account(s) with us;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our services;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our services), respond to your inquiries, and offer customer support;
- Personalize your experience with the Site and our other services;
- Operate, evaluate develop, manage and improve the Site and our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our services; developing new services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our Site and other services, and prevent misuse;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information we obtain about you for other purposes disclosed at the time your information is collected.
We may use third-party analytics services on the Site, such as Google Analytics. These analytics providers that administer these services use automated technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of the Site. The information collected through these automated technologies (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers who use the information, for example, to evaluate the use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Online Tracking And Interest-Based Advertising
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt-out of ad network interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (iv) to protect, defend or enforce our policies, terms or agreements; (v) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to address security or to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (vi) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) otherwise with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, consolidation, restructuring, divestiture, dissolution liquidation or other corporate change), including during the course of any due diligence process.
We maintain administrative, technical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. The Site is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
Other Online Services And Third-Party Features
For your convenience and information, the Site may contain links or references to other services and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Total, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How To Contact Us
Total CollectR, LLC
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, or other similar identifiers
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding your interaction with websites, applications, or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, and similar information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Supplement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you or your devices, for example, through your use of the Site
- Online advertising services and advertising networks
- Internet service providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Data analytics providers
3. Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Sites in exchange for non-monetary consideration. We share the categories of personal information listed below for online advertising purposes. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” under California law.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Supplement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services and social networks:
- Online Activity
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Supplement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Supplement, we may have shared personal information about you with government entities, such as in response to a request from law enforcement authorities.
5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
Right to Know: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, please call us at 855-431-5556 or send us an email to email@example.com. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link at the bottom of this page or call us at 1-855-431-5556. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, click here and follow the instructions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with a copy of the signed permission from the California consumer that authorizes you to act on the consumer’s behalf.
Verification. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.